Ibrahimovic, who turns 39 on October 3, has been placed in quarantine at home following the test carried out ahead of the team’s Europa League tie against Norwegian side Bodo-Glimt.
“Ibrahimovic has tested positive for the swab performed for todayâs match, Milan-Bodo/Glimt,” the Serie A side said ahead of their Europa League match against the Norwegian outfit.
“We have informed the competent health authorities and the player was promptly placed in home quarantine.
“All the other swabs carried out on the team group were negative.”
AC Milan’s Brazilian defender Leo Duarte tested positive for Covid-19 on Wednesday.
Ibrahimovic, who rejoined AC Milan last January, has scored three goals in two games so far this season — a double in their Serie A opener against Bologna last weekend having also netted against Irish side Shamrock Rovers in the Europa League.
- Pep Guardiola Said He Could But Wouldn’t Complain About The West Ham Goal
- Alphonso Davies Faces A Spell On The Sidelines After Injuring His Ankle In Bayern Munich’s Clash With Eintracht FrankfurtAlphonso Davies Faces A Spell On The Sidelines After Injuring His Ankle In Bayern Munich’s Clash With Eintracht Frankfurt
- Manchester City Striker Sergio Aguero Sustained Another Injury
- Fans Greeted Messi At The Stadium Before El Clásico
- Ansu Fati Becomes The Youngest Scorer In Clasico History