Barcelona have offered Manchester City a package of €10m plus midfielder Rafinha in exchange for teenage defender Eric Garcia
Garcia has entered the final year of his contract with Manchester City and has made it clear that he does not intend to put pen to paper on a new deal.
The Spaniard has set his heart on returning to former club Barcelona, who also retain a keen interest in re-signing the youngster.
However, the Spanish giants have struggled to reach an agreement with Manchester City over a deal for Garcia so far in the transfer window.
According to Catalan radio station RAC 1, Barcelona have now made a fresh offer in an attempt to land their defensive target from the Manchester outfit.
The Camp Nou club have offered the Citizens an initial €8m, which could rise up to €10m after add-ons, plus Brazilian midfielder Rafinha, in exchange for Garcia
However, the bid does not excite Manchester City, who are still holding out for a sum of €20m for the centre-back.
Pep Guardiola’s side are also not interested in Rafinha, with the team already well stocked in the midfield department
It remains to be seen if Barcelona can strike a deal with Manchester City over a deal for Garcia before Monday’s transfer deadline.
- Pep Guardiola Said He Could But Wouldn’t Complain About The West Ham Goal
- Alphonso Davies Faces A Spell On The Sidelines After Injuring His Ankle In Bayern Munich’s Clash With Eintracht FrankfurtAlphonso Davies Faces A Spell On The Sidelines After Injuring His Ankle In Bayern Munich’s Clash With Eintracht Frankfurt
- Manchester City Striker Sergio Aguero Sustained Another Injury
- Fans Greeted Messi At The Stadium Before El Clásico
- Ansu Fati Becomes The Youngest Scorer In Clasico History