That’s according to RMC Sport (via Sport Witness), who claim PSG are closest to agreeing a deal for the Germany international, despite reported interest from Tottenham.
The report states that PSG boss Thomas Tuchel is desperate to replace Thiago Silva with the Ligue 1 giants struggling defensively following his move to Chelsea.
And the Blues may be willing to allow Rudiger move in the opposite direction.
The centre-back has slipped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge and hasn’t featured in any of Chelsea’s opening three Premier League fixtures.
The report claims Tuchel and Rudiger ‘have exchanged many times on the telephone to discuss the possibility’.
But it adds that talks between the two clubs are ‘dragging’ with Chelsea preferring a permanent deal and PSG ‘only able to offer a loan’.
- Pep Guardiola Said He Could But Wouldn’t Complain About The West Ham Goal
- Alphonso Davies Faces A Spell On The Sidelines After Injuring His Ankle In Bayern Munich’s Clash With Eintracht FrankfurtAlphonso Davies Faces A Spell On The Sidelines After Injuring His Ankle In Bayern Munich’s Clash With Eintracht Frankfurt
- Manchester City Striker Sergio Aguero Sustained Another Injury
- Fans Greeted Messi At The Stadium Before El Clásico
- Ansu Fati Becomes The Youngest Scorer In Clasico History