Incredible Health Benefits of Licorice Spice Tea
Sipping a cup of tea is a good way to enjoy the day. No matter what type of tea is brewed, served hot or iced, it will automatically make one to feel better. And of course, tea is a natural source of health benefits as well. Teas are not exclusively made from tea leaves; in fact it can also be made using the extract of other plants or herbs, such as in the case of licorice tea. Being sweet and soothing, what are the incredible health benefits of licorice spice tea?
An Introduction to Licorice Tea
Licorice spiced tea is made out of either dried or crushed licorice plant leaves, and are widely available in stores. Licorice spice teas have an identifiable properties of promoting bronchial wellness and cleansing plus detoxing benefits.
What are its Health Benefits?
- Licorice Spice Tea Soothes the Stomach
Health benefits of licorice powder spice tea could help relieve stomach pain, food poisoning, treat ulcer, heartburn, and kickstarts the digestive tract in the event of constipation, all thanks to glycyrrhizic acid.
- Licorice Spice Tea Cleanses the Respiratory System
Licorice roots contain anti-inflammatory properties that could loosen mucus inside the lungs and clear clogged nasal channels, therefore very effective for curing cough or symptoms of flu.
- Licorice Spice Tea is Stress Relieving
Stress is caused by continuous cortisol production by the adrenal gland. Cortisol is the stress hormone, and licorice spice tea is able to regulate it. Finally, the adrenal glands could take a break and prevent adrenal fatigue.
- Licorice Spice Tea Protects Us from Cancer
Studies suggest that licorice root could potentially aid the treatment of both breast and prostate cancer, which is further supported by the same treatment in traditional Chinese medicine. However, this purpose of licorice is still yet to be globally proven.
- Licorice Spice Tea for the Hair and Skin
Licorice roots contain elements like choline, potassium, phosphorus, protein, vitamin B, and flavonoids for promoting a healthy scalp and prevent dandruff, hair loss, repair skin damage, as well as curing both eczema plus rashes.
- Licorice Spice Tea for Teeth
Tooth decay plus cavities can be prevented using licorice spice tea, because chemical compounds inside it help prevent bacteria in oral cavities that cause plaque and acid formation responsible for tooth decay.
- Licorice Spice Tea for Heartburn
Heartburn or dyspepsia can be cured using licorice spice tea, which improves heartburn more by 40% when compared to placebo.
Cautions and Recommendations
It is not advisable for one to consume more than 8 ounces of licorice tea everyday, let alone on a long term regular basis. Long term licorice consumption can lead to several side effects such as symptoms of high blood pressure, low potassium levels, weakness, paralysis, or occasional brain damage.
And also, young children, expecting mothers or breastfeeding mothers should avoid licorice at all costs.
How to Make Licorice Spice Tea
- 1 tablespoon of licorice root
- 1 stick of benefits of cinnamon
- A couple slices of benefits of ginger
- Sufficient water
- First, add a tablespoon of licorice root for every cup of water.
- Next, add a stick of cinnamon and some slices of ginger. This step is especially important for cough treatment.
- Boil them on a saucepan. Lower the temperature and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Switch the stove off and let the tea rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tea into a teapot via a strainer, or directly into the cup, mug or glass.
- Licorice spice tea is now ready to be served!
Those are the interesting health benefits of licorice spice tea, which is indeed an interesting beverage to discover and try making at home. Nevertheless, always stick to its dosage when consuming it in order for its side effects to be minimized.