The EFL announced on Tuesday afternoon that the Carabao Cup match scheduled between Leyton Orient has been cancelled.
The news is now official. Tuesday evening’s match between Leyton Orient and Tottenham Hostpur has been cancelled.
It was already taken for granted that the match would be called off due to several members of the Orient first-team testing positive for the coronavirus.
No news has been announced on what will happen with the match, i.e. if it will be played at a further date. However, the most likely scenario is that Spurs get awarded the win and progress to the next round.
— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 22, 2020
A statement on the Tottenham website read: “Tonight’s Carabao Cup match between Leyton Orient and Tottenham Hotspur is not taking place this evening as scheduled”.
“Discussions are ongoing between the relevant stakeholders in regards to the implications of the decision not to play tonight’s game and a further update will be provided in due course”, it added.
The winners of the tie will play Chelsea or Barnsley in the next round.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Is A Swedish Legend
- ‘You Are Not Zlatan’ Says Ibrahimovic In Pro-Mask Video
- Ajax Have Made A Great Start To The Season
- Ryan Giggs Has Explained How Sir Alex Ferguson Once Pulled Him “Three Weeks” Before A Match Against ChelseaRyan Giggs Has Explained How Sir Alex Ferguson Once Pulled Him “Three Weeks” Before A Match Against Chelsea
- Arsenal Signing Thomas Partey Will Be ‘Big Factor’ In Mikel Arteta Finding Tactical Balance